Konkle Memorial Library
News and Announcements
Friends of the Konkle Library
Spooktacular Pop-Up Used Book Sale at Konkle Library in Montoursville
October 23 and 24, 2020
On Friday, October 23 & Saturday, October 24, 2020 the W. B. Konkle Memorial Friends of the Library continues with its Spooktacular Pop-up Used Book Sale from 10AM-5PM (Friday) and 9AM-1PM (Saturday)
As active volunteers of the local Montoursville Library, the Friends of the Library have collected thousands of treasures to share at very reasonable prices, by the book or by the bag. An abundant selection of Children’s, Adult Fiction, Nonfiction, Romance, Mystery, Large Print Books, Videos and Music CDs are available for sale.
This activity raises much needed funds to buy books, VDs and other needed items for the Konkle Library and to support the Montoursville community. This fundraiser also provides huge financial support of the children’s reading programs hosted at the library all year long.
Donations of New and Used books & DVD’s in good condition will be accepted during these hours too.
For more information on the Konkle Library, please visit www.konklelibrary.org
New Library Service Starting Monday, July 6th
On Monday, July 6th, following the guidelines developed by the CDC and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Konkle Library will allow patrons to browse the shelves to choose books, including the Children’s Room, for 30 minutes. This service will be offered by appointment only and will be limited to 3 people at a time. Call the library to schedule a day and time.
The toys in the Children’s Room will be removed and some furniture throughout the library will be rearranged to maintain social distancing.
Hand sanitizer will be provided at “Sanitation Stations” throughout the library for use before and after browsing the books.
The following services which began on June 15th will remain the same:
- Holds can be picked up at the Circulation Desk. To maintain social distancing, 2 patrons at a time may pick up holds. Holds may be placed online at konklelibrary.org or by calling the library at (570) 368-1840. Patrons will be notified when their holds are ready for pickup.
- 3 public computers will be available for patron use on a first come, first serve basis. The computers can be reserved for 1 hour by calling the library.
- Printing, copy and fax services will be available.
The following services will not change:
- Patrons must wear a mask or other face covering to enter the library.
- Books and DVDs must be returned in the Book and DVD drops. Books will continue to be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked out or re-shelved.
- Our hours will remain:
Monday – Friday 10 AM – 5 PM
Saturday 9 AM – 1 PM
We have installed Plexiglass shields at the Circulation Desk and clean and sanitize frequently to ensure your health and safety.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we continue to follow a gradual plan to re-open the Library to ensure the health and safety of the community!
Click to give your Because statement!
About: Power Library
Questions or ideas?
384 Broad Street
Montoursville, PA 17754
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m to 7:30 p.m
Friday: 10 a.m to 6 p.m
Saturday: 9 a.m to 4 p.m
Vice President: Dennis Correll
Secretary: Diane Haas
Treasurer: Romey Fagnano
Potential Board Member Information